Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: A Retrospective

I know that many bloggers write about the past year at the end of the year, so why the heck not?

2011 was a big year for me only in the sense that I finally wised up and left something that I was miserable in. Namely, the school system that I teaching in. I had been unhappy for sometime and it was seriously affecting my health. My blood pressure was high, I was drinking more often than I usually do, I was taking anti-depressants.  All in all, it was an unhealthy environment. I'm still not too sure if I want to stay in education (at least on a secondary level), but moving to a new school system has done me a world of good. I loved many people at the old school, but there are a lot of people that I hope to never see for the rest of my life and if I do...I hope I can be civil.

Writing a blog on the morning of the day before my birthday (an event I NEVER look forward to) is probably not the best idea, but I'm behind in my blogging. So, a random thought just popped into my head. An Indiana lawmaker wants to set standards as to how people sing "The Star-Spangled Banner"  C'mon, lawmakers, do we have to set standards on everything? Do we really need to waste tax payer money on something like this? Here is a link to the story on the Huff Post. Indiana National Anthem Bill

I discovered that there are a lot of people out there who care about me. I probably knew it in the back of my head, but I didn't really "see" it. I need to be more appreciative of those people. I've never thought much of myself (and probably never will) but I am starting to listen more to what people say even though I feel like any sort of feeling proud of things I do is committing the Sin of Hubris.

Resolutions? I really feel like they are for suckers and are rarely kept, but here goes.  I want to be more positive this year. Start weeding out those who bring me down. Start living healthier (yes, this one might include diet and exercise). Be a better teacher. Be a better father. Be a better husband. Be a better person in general. Work harder and wiser. Blah blah blah.

If you want to comment, please do. You can do it here or send me a message on Facebook. Todd's Facebook Page.

That's all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment