Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Book!

So, one of the things that I want to accomplish in the next couple of years is to write a book. Not a book of fiction. I think I'd have a really difficult time with that, but I may try it sometime. My wife keeps on me about a writing a mystery and I have some ideas, but not too sure about them. 
There are two books that I'm wanting to do.  One is an expansion on something I did years ago called "The Essential Cinema: A Guide to the Film Challenged." It is meant to be a book that informs you about certain films in different genres. Just enough information to make you seem well informed about cinema and film studies.
The other book is a little closer to my heart. It is about the old movie theatres in Muncie, IN. There were some great ones here, including my old favorite, the Rivoli.  I'm going to be asking a lot of people for their help on this book because I want it to be a book of memories for those of us who loved old cinemas.
Well, that's the blog for today. Short, but something to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment