Friday, January 6, 2012

Music! Music! Music!

I tend to like music by female artists. I was (and still am a Madonna fan, just not a rabid one), Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, Terri Nunn (from Berlin), Chrissy Hynde (the Pretenders), heck I even like Patsy Kensit (from 8th Wonder). So I thought I'd blog about some newer female singers that I like a lot.

About two or three months ago, Shirley Manson, the lead singer of one of my favorite bands announced that a new album was going to released. Well, still haven't heard anything. Which is very disappointing to me because I love the band Garbage.
I guess I'll have to content myself to listening to and watching old videos of them. Here is one of my favorites by them.Push It: Garbage

I've also discovered the band Paramore and I'm in love with their lead singer, Hayley Williams. I have to say that my good friend, Lucy Lightning was the one who introduced me to this band and I really do thing they are amazing. Case in point:  The Only Exception: Paramore

The last group that I've got on my mind this evening/morning is one that recently discovered with the aid of my friend Carmen. This band (which has a great name) is called The Joy Formidable: Whirring: The Joy Formidable

That's about all I have for now, but I think I'll be talking music again soon. Maybe show tunes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment