Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Hit Wonders: The 70's

This entry is a continuation of the one hit wonders series. The focus is on the 1970's. The era of Nixon, the end of the Vietnam War, disco, and polyester leisure suits.

So here are my favorite one hit wonders from the 70's. See how many you have to look up on YouTube!!!

White Plains...............My Baby Loves Lovin'
The Ides of March......Vehicle
R. Dean Taylor............Indiana Wants Me
Blues Image................Ride Captain Ride
Edison Lighthouse......Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
Daddy Dewdrop.........Chick-A-Boom
Coven.........................One Tin Soldier
Commander Cody......Hot Rod Lincoln
Climax.......................Precious and Few
T. Rex........................Bang a Gong (Get It On)
Vicki Lawrence.........The Night That The Lights Went out in Georgia
Brownsville Station..Smokin' in the Boy's Room
Clint Holmes.............Playground in My Mind
Mocedades...............Eres Tu
Maria Muldaur.........Midnight at the Oasis
Mike Oldfield...........Tubular Bells
Carl Douglas............Kung Fu Fighting
David Essex.............Rock On
Billy Swan...............I Can Help
Paper Lace...............The Night Chicago Died
Terry Jacks...............Seasons in the Sun
Vicki Sue Robinson......Turn the Beat Around
Walter Murphy.........A Fifth of Beethoven
Wild Cherry.............Play That Funky Music
Paul Nicholas..........Heaven on the 7th Floor
Thelma Huston.......Don't Leave Me This Way
Nick Gilder............Hot Child in the City
Patti Smith Group.......Because the Night
Alicia Bridges.............I Love the Nightlife
Alan O'Day................Undercover Angel
Anita Ward.................Ring My Bell
M................................Pop Musik
Nick Lowe..................Cruel to Be Kind
David Naughton.........Makin' It
Boomtown Rats..........I Don't Like Mondays
Amii Stewart..............Knock on Wood
The Buggles...............Video Killed the Radio Star

My wife has made fun of this list. She said it was less than masculine. I like danceable tunes.

Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment