Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Blocked Writer's Blues.

I've always had a fascination with the story of Faust.

You know, the story of a person so willing to get something that they are willing to give up their soul to get it.

I think it would be interesting to have a tv show based upon it. I even wrote up this rather pathetic synopsis of the said show and VERY brief character descriptions.

The title of the project was to be called "School is Hell."

Basic plot:

Daria Faust make a pact with the devil (who is the school's janitor) to gain popularity and the boy of her dreams.

Yeah, that's it. Sounds like Nickelodeon will be banging on my door, huh?

Characters:
Daria Faust: Sophomore at Marlowe High School. Quiet, bookwormish, pretty, but she hasn't quite hit that point where the boys are beginning to notice her.

Angela Munroe: Her best friend. Sweet and very cautious. Doesn't want to rock the boat with anything.

Kevin Perry: The obligatory boy who has a crush on Daria. Could see some interesting things happening to him once the series gets going. Perhaps he is a warlock?

Will Wilde: The captain of the sports team. Daria's crush. Not really a jock ass, but just more unaware of things. He shouldn't be a jerk.

Lew: The school janitor (in reality, The Devil)

Patty Belladonna: Daria's goth friend.

Landon Tray: Will's best friend. The stereotypical jock.

Katee Key: Cheerleader. Will's girlfriend. Very stereotypical "mean girl."

Kelly Leonard: Cheerleader. Friend to Katee. A bit ditzy, but really actually sweet.

Dr. Boswell:  Principal of Marlowe High School.

Mr. Depaldi: Music teacher at Marlowe High School.

Miss Hackett: Guidance Counselor at Marlowe High School.

ANNND that's it. That's all. No more. I don't know how to even begin to write this thing.

I have ideas for movies, tv shows, music video, etc., but I don't have the talent to write them. Or maybe it is the patience. Or the imagination. I don't know. I just know I have an idea, write it down, then put it in a drawer.

Does that make me an idea man? 

No comments:

Post a Comment